Sie sind nicht angemeldet.

Lieber Besucher, herzlich willkommen bei: gt86drivers.de - Das Toyota GT86 und Subaru BRZ Forum. Falls dies Ihr erster Besuch auf dieser Seite ist, lesen Sie sich bitte die Hilfe durch. Dort wird Ihnen die Bedienung dieser Seite näher erläutert. Darüber hinaus sollten Sie sich registrieren, um alle Funktionen dieser Seite nutzen zu können. Benutzen Sie das Registrierungsformular, um sich zu registrieren oder informieren Sie sich ausführlich über den Registrierungsvorgang. Falls Sie sich bereits zu einem früheren Zeitpunkt registriert haben, können Sie sich hier anmelden.

KroozinJoe

Anfänger

• »KroozinJoe« ist der Autor dieses Themas

Fahrzeuge: Toyota GT86

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 25. April 2016, 20:54

Joe's Kurokongouseki 86 from Belgium

Hello everyone,

I'm Joe from Belgium and have been the proud owner of a black GT86 since february 2014 and i nicknamed her/him/it "Kurokongouseki"... I'll let you guys figure that one out ;)

Here goes:

First wash when i got her:

First things i did were replacing the stock tails with Valenti's and a resonated catback exhaust. The exhaust was custom made by Skytune here in Belgium and it turned out perfect (for me at least, for some it seems to be a bit loud, but i'm pretty young so i can take it for now). Also got a Perrin air inlet tube & K&N drop-in air filter :)

Later that year i also got a Tomei UEL header, loved the combo ever since! So much even that i didn't want to further upgrade the exhaust being 'scared' i'd lose the sound it made or became obnoxiously loud... BUT ofcourse i couldn't withold myself and got an overpipe and milltek resonated front pipe (so no more cats)!

Some videos, so i'll let you guys be the judge ;)

Skytune custom catback exhaust:
https://youtu.be/aVN3C8-qC14?list=PLSUz1…tl6McQKPaut9Pgg

Skytune + Tomei UEL before & after:
https://youtu.be/MPr8UUqTFhA?list=PLSUz1…tl6McQKPaut9Pgg

Skytune + Tomei UEL cold start + revs:
https://youtu.be/c8QNaIbWCP0?list=PLSUz1…tl6McQKPaut9Pgg

Tomei UEL header + Japspeed overpipe + resonated milltek frontpipe + resonated Skytune catback:
https://youtu.be/wak11yMOyVg?list=PLSUz1…tl6McQKPaut9Pgg

I hated the look the stock wheels had, you know, how they are sunken in so i slapped some spacers on it awaiting the moment i could afford coils & aftermarket wheels:

Since i love retro looks on modern cars, especially with this one having quite the heritage from the AE86, i decided to get these emblems custom made, absolutely love them & was worth every penny i paid for them:

Other than looks, i went and actually used the car for what it was made, my god was that fun, sadly these were the only wheels i had so i couldn't go all out...

Other than that i redid my interior dash pieces, they were all paintmatched with the extrior, so my interior is all black with an aftermarket Goliath shiftknob from Anarchy Motive.

Last summer i got myself some coilovers and wheels:
Bilstein B14 coilovers and Rota RKR wheels. Size: 18x9.5 ET44 with 255/35/18 Hankook Ventus V12 all around (now ET40 with 4mm spacer cause the Bilstein springs are too wide since they're progressive and they couldn't clear the wheels when fully lowered). I am actually in the process of looking for KW V1/V3 :)

We've organised a meet&greet a while back here in Belgium and had about 25 GT86's show up, amongst which 1 BRZ.

Here are some images:

And this is my own pride & joy, loved her since day one and each day more, even with her charming Toyota rattles!

And one of my favorite pictures:

So yeah... i guess that's about it for now... If you guys have any questions, remarks, hints, tips, tricks whatever, just comment :D

Looking forward to being part of this 86/BRZ-community!

Greetz,
Joe

Dieser Beitrag wurde bereits 2 mal editiert, zuletzt von »KroozinJoe« (26. April 2016, 19:14)

Tor

Fortgeschrittener

Fahrzeuge: GT86

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 25. April 2016, 21:56

I am actually in the process of looking for KW V1/V3

If you don't drive on salted winter roads I would recommend looking into ST XTA coilovers. I have them on my car and I am very happy with them. It's kind of like a KW V2 (ST suspension is a KW brand).

Otherwise there is a set of used V3's for sale in the "biete/tauche" forum for 950€ at the moment.

KroozinJoe

Anfänger

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 25. April 2016, 22:04

I am actually in the process of looking for KW V1/V3

If you don't drive on salted winter roads I would recommend looking into ST XTA coilovers. I have them on my car and I am very happy with them. It's kind of like a KW V2 (ST suspension is a KW brand).

Otherwise there is a set of used V3's for sale in the "biete/tauche" forum for 950€ at the moment.
That's kind of the problems, in belgium they tend to be very generous with the salt and i drive the 86 through anything... so yeah :/
I had already looked into buying ST coilovers, but i prefered not "risking" it.
And indeed, i've seen them for sale! I have already contacted him via PM, if he answers i'd gladly take them off his hands as long as he ships hehe.
Only i can't seem to respond to the topics in "biete/tauche" ?(

Tor

Fortgeschrittener

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 25. April 2016, 23:08

I think you need 30 posts before you can use that forum. I can post there for you and remind him to check his PM's if you like?

The Bilstein, and Sachs as well, were both discarded from my list of options because of the spring diameter. I wanted to avoid any rubbing issues should I later choose to get wider wheels.

Don't go with KW V1, that's an Al-ko damper wrapped in a KW strut as far as I read and would probably be a step down from your Bilsteins. The XTAs are in-house made KW dampers, but you are right - I wouldn't want to use them when there is any salt on the roads what so ever. They look pretty rust prone. Fortunately I have an old 4 wheel drive for those days (my "winter tires" :D ) and they are not salting much in the Cologne area. Apparently all the snow falls before crossing over the border. Haha ;)

By the way, it seems you linked in a wrong picture in your post. The second picture is of a Rolex watch?

Dr.Frexx

Super Moderator

Fahrzeuge: Subaru BRZ, KTM 350 EXC-F, Kia Cee'd (Winter- und Alltagswagen)

Beruf: Ich bin wählerisch.

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 25. April 2016, 23:24

I think you need 30 posts before you can use that forum.

20 is enough :D

Es hat sich bereits 1 registrierter Benutzer bedankt.

Benutzer, die sich für diesen Beitrag bedankt haben:

KroozinJoe (25.04.2016)

KroozinJoe

Anfänger

• Nachricht senden

Montag, 25. April 2016, 23:48

I think you need 30 posts before you can use that forum. I can post there for you and remind him to check his PM's if you like?

The Bilstein, and Sachs as well, were both discarded from my list of options because of the spring diameter. I wanted to avoid any rubbing issues should I later choose to get wider wheels.

Don't go with KW V1, that's an Al-ko damper wrapped in a KW strut as far as I read and would probably be a step down from your Bilsteins. The XTAs are in-house made KW dampers, but you are right - I wouldn't want to use them when there is any salt on the roads what so ever. They look pretty rust prone. Fortunately I have an old 4 wheel drive for those days (my "winter tires" :D ) and they are not salting much in the Cologne area. Apparently all the snow falls before crossing over the border. Haha ;)

By the way, it seems you linked in a wrong picture in your post. The second picture is of a Rolex watch?
That would be nice if you could do that... i'm only halfway of the required amount of posts haha!

Yeah, price-quality wise the Bilsteins were great, but i did not know the springs they used were "fatter"... this was my first time buying coilovers. So i was pretty disappointed when having to use slip-on spacers which is something i don't trust in the long run.

Seriously?? damn... didn't know that... that's pretty "bad" cosidering the price you pay for them though... Guess i'll have to go for the V3's then!
I like the ST's, but they just throw around way to much salt even there's no to barely any snow yet, so KW seems like the best alternative :)
Oh, an extra 4x4 indeed comes in handy for that time of the year hahaha 8)

A rolex?? i wish :p all pictures seem to be fine on my screen hehe

Horror

Super Moderator

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 26. April 2016, 00:06

I see a Rolex on the second picture, too. :huh:

When you say that there is no Rolex at all then I´ve drunk too much again ...
schwarz mit Aero-Theke, Vortech Kompressor, Ölkühler, GME AGA mit UEL-Krümmer 2,5",
BC Racing ER, Whiteline Stabis, Budde Querlenker HA, Cusco Carbon-Domstreben,
K-Sport Bremse 356x32 mm 6-Kolben u. 330x32 mm 4-Kolben, Pagid RS-29,
Motec Nitro schwarz in 9x18, VA 245/35 R18, HA 255/35 R18, Federal 595 RS-R,
TOM´s Rückleuchten rot, Valenti smoked RFL, schwarze Logos, Schroth Rallye 3 ASM,
Recaro Pole Position,
TRD: Quickshifter, Lenkrad, Schaltknauf, Front Fender Aero Fin, Aero Stabilizing Cover

KroozinJoe

Anfänger

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 26. April 2016, 00:36

I see a Rolex on the second picture, too. :huh:

When you say that there is no Rolex at all then I´ve drunk too much again ...
TOO MUCH?? AGAIN?? aaaaaaaaayyy, keep it up, as long as you don't drink and rolex... i mean, drive :thumbsup:
Kinda glad though that for you guys the forum compares my car to a rolex... i feel flattered :whistling:

RedWing

Fortgeschrittener

Fahrzeuge: GT86 Aero Rot; Skoda Octavia RS

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 26. April 2016, 07:22

Hello and welcome!

Nice car!
Die 200PS reichen völlig um von einer Kurve zur nächsten zu kommen.... :)

KroozinJoe

Anfänger

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 26. April 2016, 08:58

Zitat

Hello and welcome!

Nice car!

Thank you very much :)

Horror

Super Moderator

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 26. April 2016, 10:18

The Rolex is gone ... :huh:
schwarz mit Aero-Theke, Vortech Kompressor, Ölkühler, GME AGA mit UEL-Krümmer 2,5",
BC Racing ER, Whiteline Stabis, Budde Querlenker HA, Cusco Carbon-Domstreben,
K-Sport Bremse 356x32 mm 6-Kolben u. 330x32 mm 4-Kolben, Pagid RS-29,
Motec Nitro schwarz in 9x18, VA 245/35 R18, HA 255/35 R18, Federal 595 RS-R,
TOM´s Rückleuchten rot, Valenti smoked RFL, schwarze Logos, Schroth Rallye 3 ASM,
Recaro Pole Position,
TRD: Quickshifter, Lenkrad, Schaltknauf, Front Fender Aero Fin, Aero Stabilizing Cover

KroozinJoe

Anfänger

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 26. April 2016, 13:21

Zitat

The Rolex is gone ... :huh:

Oooh :(

Tor

Fortgeschrittener

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 26. April 2016, 14:31

That would be nice if you could do that... i'm only halfway of the required amount of posts haha!

Done. If you work it out with him, get his ST anti swaybars and top mounts too. Then you have a real proper setup. :thumbup:

Kinda glad though that for you guys the forum compares my car to a rolex... i feel flattered :whistling:

I swear the Rolex was there, but when you clicked on it, a picture of a black diamond was shown. ;) Must have been a bug with the imagehoster.

Fahrzeuge: BRZ Sport Autom. Opel Calibra 2L16V Autom.

Beruf: Ingenieur

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 26. April 2016, 14:59

Hi Joe, the washing was not successful. She is still black.
:P
Smoked Valentis - YEAH ! The exaust looks brutal.
"Der BRZ ist ein Auto, dass es nicht nötig hat, aller Welt zu verkünden, wie gut es ist."

BRandenburger Zweitürer mit Automatik zum Wohlfühlen. - Wozu gibt es viertürige Autos?

Wegen des Genitivs heißt es WEGEN DES - nicht(!) "wegen dem" .

KroozinJoe

Anfänger

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 26. April 2016, 19:18

Done. If you work it out with him, get his ST anti swaybars and top mounts too. Then you have a real proper setup. :thumbup:

I swear the Rolex was there, but when you clicked on it, a picture of a black diamond was shown. ;) Must have been a bug with the imagehoster.
Thank you very much! Hope he sees it soon :) I've thought about it, but i'm still a student and have to watch out with my budget... I have a girlfriend too (other than my car, shhhh, don't tell her) and i'm kinda saving up for a holiday hahaha :whistling:

A black diamond aaaaaay? You cracked the code so it seems ;)

KroozinJoe

Anfänger

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 26. April 2016, 19:20

Hi Joe, the washing was not successful. She is still black.
:P
Smoked Valentis - YEAH ! The exaust looks brutal.
Hahahaha! I know right!!! Anyway, washing the car has no use whatsoever if it's going to rain... it's soooo dirty sooo fast again!!! :o
Yeah, love my valenti's :D
Exhaust sounds brutal too, if i may say so myself :love:

sera

Schüler

Fahrzeuge: Audi 80, Ford Fiesta S, Ford Focus ST, GT86

Beruf: Galactic President Superstar McAwesomeville

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 26. April 2016, 22:50

Gorgeous car. the engine bay looks awesome! Do you used paint or plasti dip?
Und wir fahren Nachts, als wär' die Stadt unsere Rennbahn
Und unsere Rennbahn 'ne Straße durchs Weltall
Links vorbei am großen Wagen mit Fullspeed
Wie intergalaktische Schumis
Starrer Blick ins Nichts, endlich frei
Kein Ziel mehr vor Augen, denn am Ziel seh'n wir längst vorbei
GT86

KroozinJoe

Anfänger

• Nachricht senden

Dienstag, 26. April 2016, 22:59

Gorgeous car. the engine bay looks awesome! Do you used paint or plasti dip?
Thank you! No plastidip, it's all actual paint, this is a pic from a while back when i installed my AEM strut bar, i don't have any more recent except for the one posted above :)

KroozinJoe

Anfänger

• Nachricht senden

Freitag, 13. Mai 2016, 10:54

Flames for days :D

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dr.Frexx

Super Moderator

Fahrzeuge: Subaru BRZ, KTM 350 EXC-F, Kia Cee'd (Winter- und Alltagswagen)

Beruf: Ich bin wählerisch.

• Nachricht senden

Samstag, 14. Mai 2016, 18:44

Oha :D

Es hat sich bereits 1 registrierter Benutzer bedankt.

Benutzer, die sich für diesen Beitrag bedankt haben:

KroozinJoe (15.05.2016)